Monday, February 15, 2010






REDBULL TAKES YOU BACKSTAGE:

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK A/W 10 FEBRUARY 2010.

Day 6

There’s one problem with only being tall on the inside. And that’s being short on the outside.

I was lucky enough to get along to Marc Jacobs’ (one of my all time fav designers) show today. Only I was too short to see over the people standing in front of me.

I think I may have seen Anna Wintour standing too actually, she could probably see.

The show itself was amazing. It was in a giant cardboard box inside the Armoury. I couldn’t see the clothes. I’m sure they were real pretty. His clothes always are.

I did manage to sneak backstage and I saw that the guys were blowdrying lots of Redken Woolshake into the hair to give it a real lived in texture.

This fashion week, it’s all about lived in, second day feel, romantic glamour.

Oh, except for Carolina Herrera. Her hair was blowdried smooth and shiny and ironed straight into a highly polished look. Still floaty and feminine though.

Carlos Miele, the Brazilian designer, blew me away last season with his sexy, feminine, and elegant designs and this season, his collection was equally sexy but a whole lot more playful with bright colours, short skirts and high heels.

Texture was created in the long hair by blowing Redken Workforce into it with a blowdryer, then pulling all the hair back into a ponytail and twisting it into a seashell shape before securing it with french pins and finishing with a touch more Workforce.

If fashion week gives us a glimpse of the social landscape, then I think we’re in for a whole lotta fun in the next couple of years!


Thanks DimitySO

No comments:

Post a Comment