Thursday, October 8, 2009

Air New Zealand fashion week





It's taken me a while to get round to talking about ANZFW. And, if I'm honest, it's partially because it was a bit of an anticlimax after NYFW. I'm kinda glad I only had a couple of shows to do. The week started off crazy with a K and two EEs (as in krazee). I arrived back from NYC on Saturday morning, straight to Hamilton for my Bro in law's 40th birthday party, then down to Wellington on Sunday to prep for a massive 3 hour fashion week special on the GoodMorning show. We had viewer makeovers, a fashion panel, and a three round, two minute hairstyling challenge with 65 hairdressers and a live studio audience. Crikey! Tuesday I had 17 hairstylists doing 17 flat iron pincurl sets and then stitching the models' hair up into bobs. Luckily I had a couple of days to get my head around the next show, which was my absolute favourite for the week.
Federation, a sweet little family owned and operated streetwear brand gave me free reign with the hair. My team was awesome! They backcombed the girls hair section by section, sprayed it with Redken Workforce 09 then flat ironed it to create a mad dishevelled texture. Once the hair had cooled, it was brushed out into a fuzz with a mason pearson brush. A triangular section was created on top by taking a diagonal parting from midway between the crown and the high point of the head to the outside corner of each eye. This top section was overdirected forward and then twisted and pinned into a massive coif. the res of the hair was brushed back and secured vertically up the back just off centre back with interlocking pins. it was then rolled into an oversized french roll and stitched with embroidery thread to secure it. loose bits of flyaway hair were allowed to fall out as the girls walked to create a romantic, rock'n'roll mash up of a hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment